Here is how to apply for state schools in London:
- Once you have got your London address, visit your Borough’s website to find out about the school application forms.
- Most school applications can be done online.
- The application documents will let you to indicate up to 6 state schools that you wish to apply for, in order of preference.
- Fill out the forms, include the required documents (proofs of ID and proofs of address – extremely important)
- Do not omit any required document, as your application with not be processed, and you risk getting lost/delayed in the “incomplete” pile
- If you struggle, you can call their admissions teams, but they sometimes are hard to reach on the phone. However they are usually friendly and helpful if you manage to speak with them.