Applying for private schools in London is very different from applying for state schools:
- You can apply before you are in the UK, months or sometimes even years in advance.
- You do not have to live in the vicinity of the school to apply or to have a chance of getting a place.
Here are some useful things to know about private schools in London and applying for them:
- All private schools decide on their own admission criteria - they are totally independent in this matter.
- Some schools require pupils to take an entrance exam.
- Some schools might invite the family for an interview.
- Some schools operate a first-come, first-served system and may have a long waiting list.
- Some schools require parents to register their child before an application is made – this doesn’t guarantee a place.
- A non-refundable application fee is often requested, to cover administration costs.
Here is how applications work for private schools in London:
Or login here if you have an account already.