Back to knowledge base


How to set up your Home Insurance

1 Insure your personal belongings

When renting, you only need to insure your personal belongings, not the property itself, which is insured by the landlord. This is called "Home contents insurance".

You can usually choose the total value of the belongings that are insured. Most insurers will insure a minimum of £30,000, but always check before committing to anything.

You will also want to check the insurance policy for items such as:

You need to be a London Member or London + School Member to view this content. Sign up now!

Or login here if you have an account already.

Back to knowledge base