Located South of the Thames river, Clapham is an attractive and fashionable area in London. This very lively neighbourhood with a friendly atmosphere is very much appreciated by families for its shops and restaurants on the famous Northcote Road. Night-owls will enjoy Clapham High Street for its night life: bars, restaurants, pubs…
What you will find in Clapham
- Clapham Common park, a haven for long summer days and a real breath of fresh air in winter! This large green space is very much appreciated by children. It is the perfect place for nice family walks and even for running.
- The Venn Street Market every Saturday selling produce from independent businesses
- The beautiful Northcote Road with boutiques and cafes
- The elegant Abbeville Road with shops and cafes
- Great nurseries and British schools
A key reason why this South West London area is one of the best places to live in London is that it has excellent transport links from Clapham Junction Station, both into and out of London. You can get into London within 10 minutes and for those who fancy a trip to, for example, Brighton and the seaside, you can do that in 50 minutes!
The area is also extremely bike friendly due to The Cycle Superhighway CS7 that runs through the area up towards Cannon Street in central London.Clapham offers a fast and direct access to London city-centre (20 minutes from Leicester Square tube station) and to the City (15 minutes from Bank tube station) with the 2 branches of the Northern line.
This area offers wonderful Victorian-style terraced houses, on quiet, leafy streets. Having become a particularly fashionable area, real estate prices are quite expensive: between £626 per week for a 2-bedroom apartment to rent. Prices of houses for sale have increased by 8.2% in one year and almost 55% since 5 years. A 3-bedroom house for sale costs £938,333 on average.