With the constant rise of house prices in neighbouring Clapham, Balham is quickly becoming the preferred option for families and professionals in South-West London.
- Central location
- Green spaces
Located amongst the huge parks of Wandsworth Common and Tooting Bec Common, Balham has long been an underappreciated area. Its proximity with the famous Clapham area has given it a ‘little sister’ image in comparison. With the increasing rise of house prices in Clapham, Balham is quickly becoming the preferred option for families and professionals.
It’s a young and lively area, full of restaurants, cafés, bars, and two supermarkets on Balham High Road, where new fashionable chain restaurants, such as Franco Manca and Pho, are constantly popping up.
For families, the proximity of the huge parks, as well as nearby well-performing state schools, make the area particularly attractive.
For professionals, especially for those who work in the City, the direct connection by the Northern Line and Southern Railway which goes to Victoria Station, make commuting easy.
What you will find in Balham
- Great British schools nearby
- Nearby Wandsworth Common and Tooting Bec Common
- Many shops, cafes, and restaurants on Balham High Road
- Young and lively area
- More affordable than some other areas in Clapham
- Clapham Common, a large park, within walking distance
- Very well connected to other areas via over-ground and underground trains