Angel, located in the heart of the Borough of Islington, in North London, is aptly named. Less known from tourists compared to Notting Hill or Kensington, this area is a great place to live when working in the City.
- Canal walks
Average monthly rent
State school checker
Angel, located in the heart of the borough of Islington, at the North of London centre, is aptly named. Less known from tourists compared to Notting Hill or Kensington, this area is mostly frequented by Londoners. They meet up over there to enjoy the large number of restaurants, bars and shops the neighbourhood offers. A theatre (Almeida) that offers excellent entertainments, and some little boutiques give Angel an atypical character in London, with a village-like atmosphere.
The area is very much appreciated by young professionals working in the City (2 underground stations form Moorgate and 3 stations from Bank), and in the new Tech City, located near Old Street (1 station from Angel).
Even though Upper Street, the main street which extends from Angel tube station to Highbury & Islington station, is quite busy and noisy, the other small streets are pretty quiet and provide a more residential feeling.
What you will find in Angel:
- Farmer’s market on Chapel Market each Sundays
- Numerous shops, bars and restaurants on Upper Street
- A cinema and contemporary theatre all located on Upper Street
- Some charming and peaceful, residential streets around Upper Street
- Lovely Antiques Market in Camden Passage
- Mostly Georgian style «Terrace » houses and Victorian style properties
The advantages of the area:
- A vibrant, trendy and animated neighbourhood
- Lovely walks alongside Regent’s Canal, East of Upper Street
- The proximity of King’s Cross St Pancras station with a large number of tube and train lines, plus the Eurostar (1 tube station away from Angel).